Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
The Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana (ABVKY) stands as a testament to the commitment of the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) in providing a safety net for insured individuals facing the challenging circumstance of unemployment. Launched on a pilot basis for a duration of two years starting from July 1, 2018, this scheme addresses the crucial need for financial relief for those who find themselves without employment.
Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana primarily offers a lifeline to Insured Persons (IPs) who have become unemployed, offering them cash compensation equivalent to 50% of their average per day earnings. This financial relief extends for a maximum period of 90 days of unemployment, under specific conditions. To qualify for the benefits, the employee must have completed a minimum of two years of insurable employment and contributed not less than Seventy-Eight (78) days in each of the three consecutive contribution periods immediately preceding the claim for relief.
Read More About…. Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
- Financial Relief: The scheme provides crucial relief, covering 50% of the average per day earnings during the last employment period.
- Maximum Duration: The financial aid is granted for a maximum of 90 days of unemployment, offering a safety net during a challenging phase in the insured person’s career.
- Medical Benefits: While availing this relief, the Insured Person remains eligible for medical benefits as per the provisions outlined in the Employee State Insurance Act.
- Unemployment Period: The individual must have faced unemployment during the period for which the relief is claimed.
- Minimum Employment Period: The Insured Person should have been in insurable employment for a minimum period of two years.
- Contribution Requirements: A minimum of Seventy-Eight (78) days of contribution in each of the preceding three contribution periods is a prerequisite for availing the benefits.
- Employer Compliance: The contribution pertaining to the individual should have been paid or payable by the employer.
- Contingency Reasons: Unemployment should not be a result of any misconduct, superannuation, or voluntary retirement.
- Aadhaar and Bank Account Linkage: The Aadhaar and Bank Account of the Insured Person must be linked with the insured person database, ensuring seamless processing of benefits.
Also Read…. PMBJP – 50 to 90% Discount On Medicine
To streamline the application process, certain documents are required, including Aadhaar card, bank passbook or cancelled cheque leaf, insurance details, address proof, employer details, an affidavit, salary slips for the last two months, and attendance sheets of the applicant, among others.
In conclusion, the Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana emerges as a crucial pillar of support for those facing the harsh reality of unemployment. With its well-structured benefits, eligibility criteria, and document requirements, the scheme demonstrates a holistic approach to providing financial security and medical benefits to insured individuals during a challenging phase in their professional journey. The ABVKY not only alleviates the financial burden but also reaffirms the commitment of ESIC to the welfare of the workforce.