PeoplePerHour charges buyers a service fee of £0.6 + 10%. The buyer fees for Premium Programme members are 0% (Gold members) and 2.5% (Silver members) for bank transfers.
|Mark a Project Listing as Urgent||$15.00|
|Feature Your Project||$20.00|
|Request a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)||$34.00|
|Talent Scout Project Upgrade||$60.00|
PeoplePerHour is a marketplace for hiring top-quality freelance professionals. It allows free access to detailed freelancer profiles, has good project posting tools, offers video conferencing between buyers and freelancers, matches talent to projects, and facilitates payments.
Filtering a freelancer search by the location “United States” yields more than 10,000 results. The site features freelancers from diverse disciplines, including design, development, and copywriting.
- PeoplePerHour receives over 20% of its traffic from the U.K. and U.S., which is ideal for finding English speakers.
- Employers have free access to freelancer profiles.
- Freelancer profiles include portfolios, pricing, offers, skills breakdowns, reviews, and endorsements.
- The platform provides relevant matches for projects.
- Freelancers are vetted before being accepted onto the platform.
- It offers invoice management features.
- Projects can be posted for free.
- Funds are kept in an escrow account until both parties are satisfied with the work.
- It is an easy-to-use project posting tool.
- The platform has a video chat tool.
- Their service fee of 10% is more costly than Freelancer’s 3% fixed price payment fee.
- There is no telephone or instant chat support — only email.
- Some portfolios are in PDF format and download immediately without prompting.
- Some employers have warned against unprofessional conduct on behalf of freelancers and minimal support to resolve conflicts.
How to Post a Project on PeoplePerHour:
Nine easy steps for posting a project on PeoplePerHour.
1) Navigate to the PeoplePerHour home page.
From the home page, click on “SIGN UP” in the top-right corner of the page.
2) Create your account.
On the next page, click on “I WANT TO HIRE A FREELANCER” and select a sign up method. Fill out the online form with your details and click on “SIGN UP.”
Follow the email link to verify your account.
3) Start creating your project.
Click on “POST A PROJECT,” select a category and subcategory, and click on “CONTINUE.”
4) Add some detail about your project.
Fill out the online form with details about your project. You’ll need to select a category and subcategory, give your project a title, and enter a project description. The more detail the better.
5) Set a budget.
Scroll down and select a budget type (fixed price or per hour) and a currency (pound sterling, U.S. dollars, or euro). Use the slider to set your budget.
6) Select advanced options.
Select “+ Show advanced options (location, visibility, duration, interview questions)” just above the “POST PROJECT” button to add a location, interview questions, and the estimated project duration.
In the Freelancer Location filter, select “Remotely (preferred country)” or “On-site (specific location),” depending on your preference. Choose whether you want your project’s visibility to be public or private.Select an interview question from the drop-down menu to help screen candidates.Select an estimated project duration from the options in the drop-down menu.
8) Select additional upgrades.
Add optional extras to help increase the exposure of your job ad by checking the boxes of your desired upgrades. Then, click on “PROCEED” toward the bottom of the page.
9) Complete the payment.
Select a payment method, enter your billing details, and click on “PAY NOW” to complete the purchase.
PeoplePerHour vs. Upwork:
Upwork and PeoplePerHour offer similar features, but all PeoplePerHour’s features are free to use, while Upwork has tiered plans. Upwork has a better reputation than PeoplePerHour in finding reliable freelancers. Both platforms are great for targeting freelancers in the U.S.
PeoplePerHour vs. Fiverr:
Both Fiverr and PeoplePerHour offer free project postings, access to freelancer profiles, and secure payment facilitation. Unlike Fiverr, PeoplePerHour also offers an AI talent matching tool that makes finding the right freelancer for a project a little easier. Both platforms allow users to set a budget in U.S. dollars.
PeoplePerHour vs. Freelancer:
Freelancer offers many of the same features as PeoplePerHour, but it is a better, more user-friendly talent management tool. It also allows for project bidding, unlike PeoplePerHour. However, PeoplePerHour has a great talent matching tool and allows video chat. Both platforms let employers target U.S. freelancers.
|Legal Name||People Per Hour Ltd|
|Founding Date||Jan 01, 2007|
What is PeoplePerHour?
PeoplePerHour is an online marketplace that businesses can use to connect with over 2 million freelancers around the world.
Is PeoplePerHour safe?
Yes. PeoplePerHour has a number of tools, processes, and protocols in place to maintain a safe and secure platform for both buyers and freelancers.
What is a deposit on PeoplePerHour?
Before work on a project on PeoplePerHour can begin, the buyer must deposit funds into an escrow account. These funds will later be used to pay the freelancer once both the buyer and the freelancer are satisfied with the project.
How do I delete my PeoplePerHour account?
- Go to “General Settings” and click on “Settings.”
- Next to “Account,” click on “Edit.”
- You will have the option to deactivate your account or to contact their customer support team to process your deactivation for you.
- Fill out the feedback form, if desired.
- Confirm the deactivation of your account by checking the appropriate box.
How do I create a PeoplePerHour account?
To create an account where you can manage PeoplePerHour project postings, click on “SIGN UP” on the home page.
How can I edit a PeoplePerHour project posting?
To edit your PeoplePerHour postings, sign in to your account and open the posting you would like to modify. You can save your changes and repost before closing the window.
How can I delete a PeoplePerHour project posting?
What is PeoplePerHour’s pricing?
There is a standard service fee of £0.6 + 10% for hiring freelancers, with additional purchases such as promotions, starting at $15.00.
How do freelancers get paid on PeoplePerHour?
Once an hourly rate or fixed price is agreed upon, the money is placed in an escrow account until both parties are satisfied with the work.
Take the stress out of finding quality freelancers. PeoplePerHour connects small businesses with an international community of over 1.5 million freelancers. Discover rated and reviewed experts for every skill imaginable – one discovery could change your business forever. Our app makes it easier than ever to communicate with freelancers around the world.
Note: The PeoplePerHour team is working hard to make the app more user-friendly for freelancers. Keep an eye out for updates coming in the near future!
Manage your freelancers on the go:
• Create and post projects
• Manage posted projects
• Seamless messaging with freelancers
• Scroll through and accept proposals when you find the perfect match
• View and pay invoices in your finances section
• Update your profile in a click
Post projects quickly, receive responses even quicker.
Let our artificial intelligence do the hard work — matching and contacting the best freelance talent for your project. Review proposals, pick your freelancer and pay a deposit to start the project. Once you are totally satisfied, pay the freelancer through our protected payments system.