PMBJP – Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana
In the vast realm of healthcare, affordability remains a cornerstone. The ability to access quality medicines without straining one’s finances is a concern that resonates with countless individuals across India. Recognizing this crucial gap, the Department of Pharmaceuticals, under the aegis of the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, introduced a landmark initiative in November 2008: the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP). This initiative is a testament to the government’s commitment to ensuring that quality generic medicines are available to all, irrespective of their financial capabilities.
Objective and Purpose
The primary objective of the PMBJP is laudably clear: to provide quality generic medicines at prices that are a fraction of their branded counterparts. With the overarching goal of making these medicines accessible and affordable, the scheme aims to bridge the gap between quality healthcare and economic constraints.
Eligibility and Participation
The PMBJP is inclusive in its approach. Individual applicants, whether possessing a D. Pharma/B. Pharma degree or those who employ individuals with such qualifications, are eligible. This approach ensures that the essence of the scheme—quality—is not compromised. Furthermore, organizations or NGOs keen on participating in this initiative must also adhere to employing B. Pharma/D. Pharma degree holders. Interestingly, within government hospital premises, while the preference leans towards reputed NGOs or charitable organizations, individual enthusiasts are not left out of the ambit.
Also Read….. PM Vishwakarma Yojana
Incentives and Benefits
The scheme doesn’t just stop at making medicines affordable. It offers a slew of incentives to stakeholders:
- Normal Incentive: Kendra owners stand to benefit significantly, with incentives now enhanced up to ₹5,00,000. This incentive, calculated at 15% of monthly purchases, underscores the government’s intent to reward those actively participating in this noble initiative.
- Special Incentive: Recognizing the unique challenges faced by certain regions, special incentives are earmarked for PMBJP Kendras in North-Eastern States, Himalayan areas, and other specified regions. This provision emphasizes inclusivity and ensures that areas with traditionally limited access to healthcare are not left behind.
- Economic Benefits: The financial implications of the scheme are monumental. Janaushadhi medicines are priced between 50% to 90% less than their branded counterparts. Such substantial discounts ensure that a wider demographic can afford essential medications without compromising on quality.
- Quality Assurance: Ensuring the efficacy and safety of medicines is paramount. Hence, medicines under this scheme are procured only from WHO-GMP-certified suppliers. Additionally, stringent quality checks, including testing batches at NABL-accredited laboratories, are mandatory.
Step 1: Visit the official website on : http://janaushadhi.gov.in/index.aspx.
Step 2: Click on the “APPLY FOR KENDRA” Tab.
Step 3: Click on the ” CLICK HERE TO APPLY” Tab.
Step 4: Click on the tab “REGISTER NOW” and fill in the “Applicants Details” with a unique Mobile number & Email ID.
Step 5: After successful registration, the applicant will get an email containing a unique “USER ID & PASSWORD” for Portal login
Step 6: “LOGIN” with your USER ID and PASSWORD received or created through the registered email ID
Step 7: The application processing fee amount must be deposited only in the PMBI’s Virtual Account
Step 8: Fill out the application form carefully.
- (Basic information with details of application processing fee of Rs. 5,000/- under Govt. Category) &
- (Proposed Kendra Details) and other relevant details.
Step 9: Upload the documents e.g., PACS ID, Certificate of Incorporation, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Bank Statement for 6 months, etc.
Step 10: Each document must be uploaded under a size of 200KB in PDF/JPEG/PNG/JPG format only.
Step 11: Review the filled-out application & click on the final Submit button.
The Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) stands as a beacon of hope in the healthcare landscape. By blending affordability with quality, the scheme reaffirms the government’s commitment to its citizens’ well-being. As more individuals and organizations embrace this initiative, the dream of accessible healthcare for all inches closer to realization.