Instagram verification is a coveted status for many users, as it provides a sense of credibility and authenticity. The blue verification tick indicates that an account is the official presence of a public figure, celebrity, or global brand. Getting verified on Instagram is not an easy process, as it requires meeting specific criteria and being recognized as a significant figure in your industry or field. In this essay, we will discuss how to get your Instagram account verified, including the requirements, the verification process, and tips to increase your chances of receiving the coveted blue tick.
Instagram Verification Requirements
Instagram has specific requirements for accounts to be considered for verification. Firstly, the account must be authentic, meaning it must represent a real person, registered business, or entity. It should have a complete bio, profile photo, and at least one post. The account must also be public and not private, so anyone can see the content without following the account. Additionally, the account must follow Instagram’s community guidelines, which prohibit any explicit content or content that violates copyright laws.
Apart from these general requirements, there are specific criteria for each category of accounts. For example, for a public figure, the account must have a significant following, a high engagement rate, and media coverage in news outlets. For a brand or business, the account must have a significant audience and presence in the industry, and it should have a website and other social media accounts linked to it.
Instagram Verification Process
The verification process on Instagram is a manual one, which means that there is no set timeline for when an account will be reviewed. To start the verification process, go to your Instagram account settings, and click on “Request Verification.” You will be prompted to provide your full name, a government-issued ID, and a copy of a recent official document such as a utility bill. You will also need to select the category of your account, whether it’s a public figure, brand, or entity.
Once you submit your verification request, Instagram will review it manually. They will check if your account meets the requirements for verification and if it is a notable figure or entity in your industry or field. Instagram will also check if the account has been impersonated or if there is any copyright or trademark infringement associated with it. If Instagram approves the request, you will receive a blue verification tick on your profile.
Tips to Increase Your Chances of Getting Verified on Instagram
While there is no guaranteed way to get your Instagram account verified, there are several tips to increase your chances of success:
1. Build a Strong Presence: To be verified, you need to have a strong presence on Instagram. This means having a significant following and engagement rate, regularly posting high-quality content, and being active on the platform.
2. Establish Your Brand: If you are a brand or business, it’s essential to establish your brand on Instagram. This includes having a clear brand message, a cohesive visual identity, and a consistent posting schedule. You should also link your Instagram account to your website and other social media accounts.
3. Be Recognized in Your Industry: To be verified, you need to be recognized as a notable figure or entity in your industry or field. This means having media coverage in news outlets, being featured in relevant publications, and having a strong presence in your industry.
4. Be Active in Your Community: Engaging with your followers and being active in your community is crucial to building a strong presence on Instagram. This includes responding to comments and messages, collaborating with other accounts, and participating in relevant conversations.
5. Protect Your Account: To prevent impersonation or copyright infringement, it’s important to protect your account. This includes setting up two-factor authentication, regularly changing your password, and reporting any suspicious activity to Instagram.
6. Be Patient: The verification process on Instagram can take time and is not guaranteed, so it’s essential to be patient and persistent in building your presence on the platform.
7. Get Verified on Other Platforms: Having a verified account on other social media platforms can increase your chances of getting verified on Instagram. This is because Instagram may recognize you as a notable figure or entity in your industry if you are verified on other platforms.
8. Connect with Influencers: Collaborating with influencers in your industry can increase your visibility on Instagram and help you establish yourself as a notable figure. This can include participating in influencer campaigns, hosting Instagram takeovers, or being featured in an influencer’s post or story.
9. Hire a Publicist: If you are a public figure or brand, hiring a publicist can help you establish your presence on Instagram and increase your chances of getting verified. A publicist can help you build your brand, establish media connections, and create a strategy to increase your visibility on the platform.
Getting verified on Instagram is a significant achievement that can provide credibility and authenticity to your account. However, it’s not an easy process and requires meeting specific requirements and being recognized as a notable figure or entity in your industry or field. To increase your chances of success, it’s essential to build a strong presence on the platform, establish your brand, be recognized in your industry, be active in your community, protect your account, and be patient. By following these tips, you can increase your chances of getting the coveted blue verification tick on your Instagram account.